PUMA

Introducing Guest Blogger Stratton Nolen With His Thoughts on Junior Golf Style

PUMA Golf welcomes Stratton Nolen as the newest contributor to the PUMA Golf Blog. Stratton is a 14 year old amateur junior golfer and high school freshman from Austin, Texas. Aside from tearing up the junior circuit, Stratton has a few things to way when it comes to the latest trends in style and fashion for junior golfers. Welcome Stratton!

In the past few years, style is sweeping through junior golf. Puma is leading the way with some of the most stylish apparel and gear for junior golfers. A lot of juniors dress like or are at least influenced by some of the stylish players on the PGA tour.

The players that have had the best style in my mind are Payne Stewart for wearing his classic outfits and dared to be different. Ian Poulter for his crazy colorful outfits, Brian Gay for his use of bright colors, and my favorite, Geoff Ogilvy for his class in his great sense of style in everything he wears.

I like to wear bright solid colors like lime green, bright oranges, and even pinks. I love performance fabrics and the new invisabonding on Puma’s shirts gives me the fit and feel that I love. Keeping cool, comfortable and looking good ranks high on what helps me perform at my best on the course. Some style rules that I try to follow are: Hat, Belt and Shoes should nearly always be the same color or have colors that match. I like mixing black and white with contrasting bright colors. Looking sharp on the course is important to me. I express myself in the way I dress while playing golf. Besides dressing well, here are some other keys I believe you need to follow to playing golf at a high level:

· staying fit and in shape
· have a positive attitude
· practice, practice, practice

In the next couple of weeks I will be traveling to San Diego, CA for the Callaway Junior World and then to Pinehurst, NC for the U.S. kids World. I will report on what is “in” this year and check out the growth of Puma on the junior scene.