PUMA

On a Roll


Spain has been good to PUMA athlete Soren Kjeldsen. Our Danish friend won the Volvo Masters at Valderrama four months ago, then dominated in Seville this weekend to win the Andalucian Open.

To top off a great win, Kjeldsen heads off to Augusta for his Masters debut at his highest-ever position in the world-just outside the top 40.

He qualified last year 50th in the world rankings – by just one-hundredth of a point.

"I was told I was in by a guy who writes a website in Denmark, then he called again to say that he had it wrong and if Richard Sterne won in South Africa I would be 51st," he said. "I watched him make tons of birdies on the back nine, then win in a play-off, so went on a 10-mile run on the beach screaming and shouting.

"I came back, settled down, went to bed and then the same guy rang at midnight to say he had it wrong and I was in. I was completely drained but it's a dream to play there and I already have the invitation framed."

Here's hoping there are no 10 mile frustration runs necessary in Augusta...a big PUMA congratulations to Soren on a well fought victory and Good Luck next week!

Labels: ,